Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Rewind: 2013

Gone are the days of having to press "stop" on the VCR in order to rewind more quickly (except in my classroom). With the ability to instantly look back, I thought I would reminisce on every major and minor life events that has happened only in the year 2013!

*received my bachelor's degree in the mail
*completed my year of co-teaching in 4th grade
*Ian graduated and received TWO Bachelor degrees!
*We had to sell our hedgehog, Evangeline/Bathilda (depending on who you ask)
*Ian decided to go to grad school, and got into all the schools he applied to
*Ian and I walked at our graduation ceremonies
*We explored Seattle for the first time, and decided to move out of Utah to Seattle so Ian could get an MPA from University of Washington
*I flew and stayed by myself in Seattle for 2 days looking for a job and an apartment (both unsuccessfully)
*Ian got upgraded to a salary position at work
*We moved with the help of many great friends and family members to an apartment in North Seattle we only saw pictures of online before moving in that turned out great
* I got my first certificated teaching job and my first salary position as a 3rd grade teacher
* Ian successfully tackled his first semester of grad school and worked 40 hours a week the whole time
*I have survived my first trimester and then some of 3rd grade with only some minor scars as battle wounds
*Ian and I booked our first "splurge" vacation to Hawaii, coming in April

This year has been huge!! Looking back really gives me the perspective to see how much we have grown as people and adults in only the past 365 days. Hopefully 2014 will be a little less stressful, but full of just as many fantastic memories!

January:
playing with Evangeline

February:
camping and hiking trip to Southern Utah

March:
Binks' family trip to Disneyland

April:
first visit to Seattle

May:
Graduation

June:
Robinson family trip to South Dakota with hiking, kayaking, and these big rocks

July:
stolen picture of our 2nd annual white water rafting trip near Jackson Hole

August:
Wallace Falls State Park the Saturday after we moved to Seattle

September:
1st day as a 3rd grade teacher with my thrilling 3rd grade team!

October:
Exploring outside of Seattle: went to a real pumpkin patch for the first time

November:
enjoying all that Seattle has to offer at Gasworks Park

December:
our 2nd Christmas and the first time we had to buy ornaments and lights for our tree

No comments:

Post a Comment